- International Manufacturing and Services Conglomerate
- 150,000 worldwide; 40,000 in the US
- A corporate divestiture led to significant challenges which had caused the plan to run at a significant deficit. Among the challenges, was that the historical experience for the combined entities had not been separated by business unit under the legacy contract and there was a single, inadequate rate for active and retired employees.
Removing legacy benefits, to achieve cost savings.
- Using a custom developed auditing tool, we were able to separate legacy premiums by business unit and separate claims by social security numbers to determine a reasonable claim cost for the new company.
- Using reliable data and a clearer picture of how the new, streamlined organization would fare from an actuarial perspective, we created a scenario that gave several major carriers the confidence to get much more aggressive with their quotes.
- In addition, we worked closely with the benefit administrator and the new carrier to ensure an efficient, electronic enrollment, EOI processing and plan management solution.
We were able to achieve cost savings and a six-year rate guarantee, while also meeting all of the client’s objectives.
As one of the largest firms in the industry with corporate offices throughout the US, we’ve partnered and consulted with businesses to consistently deliver measureable results, strategic assessments, and premium customer service and support. We’re proud of our successes and we’re here for you. Join us. You’re in good company.